Friday

Motel 6 Las Vegas - Tropicana

195 East Tropicana Avenue
I-15 at West Tropicana Avenue, Exit #37
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Perfectly adequate standard motel accommodation. Only a 10 minute walk along Tropicana Boulevard to Hooters, the Tropicana and then Excalibur, New York-New York and the monorail to everywhere else.
The only problem is that the 2 storey motel is spread over a large area and is open to anyone walking in off the street. I was on the first floor and couldn't find an elevator so had to drag my suitcase up the stairs. No iron/board in the room so had to go with the crumpled look. I have no evidence that there is a problem with security but it FELT unsafe. There were quite a few people just hanging around outside the rooms and on the balconies which just gave it a rather uncomfortable atmosphere. Still, nothing did happen so it could just be me. Would probably stay elsewhere though in future.